Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Research Part 3

Jonathan Demme is on of my favorite Documentary Directors and really directors in general. I like the movie Rachel Getting Married which was released last year. I like the angels and intensity of his shots. All I could find online is the trailer to show you examples. I like how he shows the people from all types of Families and how they all relate to each other in some way or another.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wDDgSwEo1s ----- this entire clip shows how dramatic i want to get

This is the video trailer for Rachel Getting Married

I want to do this for my documentary by showing all different types of families and how their lives with their kids relate. How the kids always come first and the other stuff comes second.
I really never researched Documentary Directors because I am a photographer and never felt the need to research others but as I began to look through these films that were made by different directors I began to see many similarities in the shots and the way they show things.

With my Documentary I want to tell exactly the toll it takes on families when the mother has to leave for work every day and sometimes are not home when the kids get home from school. I want to compose shots using dramatic angles and natural lighting. I want to get somewhat of the same shots while showing the uniqueness of each of the families.
I am doing both an Narrative and an time-line artist. I want to work frame by frame trying to make it all match in time but I also want to tell you a story so you understand what its like to be a working mom.


Video's i have watched. Just clips. And really enjoy their use of light and the compositions. I like the naturalistic look that you get when shooting not staged films. I like the old look and how everything thing looks real or even home made. I like the look that you get them you are not using a tripod so the movie looks home made like a mom is trying to show exactly how it is from her point and that she wants everyone to know that even though most moms have to work they still care about their children. I dont want people to have a script or even act like their is a camera there. Now with children this is going to be hard so its going to take some time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPCiRbpfqkE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5lqg81eXo8 ---- this movie is about mothers and how they balance all the activities in their lives

No comments: